Huma's 6ft Frag Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pipefish is a cool idea, but they eat copeopods and a wrasse might outcompete it like a mandarin can get starved out by more efficient hunters like wrasses. As with mandarins, a established tank with loads of pods would be a good home for one. They are very cool and I hear like mandarins, they can be weaned to prepared foods. The wrasse is a good idea to cut down the pest population.

speaking of mandarins, I just caught ours eating pellets the other day! hopefully he starts packing on the weight.

Dragon pipefish are notorious for eating red bugs. If you keep sps It might be something to consider. Meanwhile, I don't think they are as hard to get to eat things like black worms and brine shrimp as mandarins. They are more like seahorses I'm told. I've only brought them in for people though, and have never kept them for more than a couple days. I have no physical data to back that up. I might look into one for my next project though.

well considering there will be SPS in this tank, mineaswell look into a dargon pipefish. ever since i seen them ive wanted one but he would never make it in my dt .

Soon you will be growing big colonies of corals in reclaimed soda bottles. You are on a monk like quest for simplicity in reef keeping. I am humbled by your zen. Teach me. ;-)

I suspect you may miss the 300 unless you're building something as big.

well tm is the day! going to pick up the tools at 11 and then its time to repurpose a 125! just need to move the tank about 15 feet into the middle of the basement.

Got the tank moved, got the first line taped off, about to make the first cut, guess this is the point of no return lol

Well looks like this attempt is dead in the water. I was about 75% of the way through the front glass when i stepped over it and put my hand on the bottom frame.... Cracked the front pane of glass. Sh@$!!! Idk if im going to just use the upper half and attach it to the bottom pane or just pitch it all

Well looks like this attempt is dead in the water. I was about 75% of the way through the front glass when i stepped over it and put my hand on the bottom frame.... Cracked the front pane of glass. Sh@$!!! Idk if im going to just use the upper half and attach it to the bottom pane or just pitch it all

Best chance to salvage anything would be to take the tank apart and cut from there and then just attach to bottom pane.

Well its not a complete loss. I was hoping to have 12" of tank but it turns out if i do use the upper half, it will be 11" so im going to press on and see what happens. Only thing im worried about is that my cuts arent laser straight so i may have to go overboard on the sealant

Tank is junk. The glass just kept splintering at the cut line. Just lost prob a 1/8 inch chunk. Ive been cutting for prob 3 hours and i havent even gotten through the front pane. Not worth it at this point. Just gonna cut out the overflows and sell them for a few bucks

Back
Top Bottom