Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-16-2021, 11:45 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
harryggumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 283
Hydra 26 light settings for 75g mixed reef

Iím currently running a 75 Gallon Tank with 20g sump and 100lbs of rock stocked with 1 Yellow Tang, 1 black ice ocellaris clownfish, 1 royal gramma, 1 Melanurus wrasse, 1 Starry Blenny, 1 Diamond goby and 1 harlequin shrimp.
Protein Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 5 Protein Skimmer
2 Nero 5 Power Heads
2 hydra 26ís
Iím tryin to start a mixed reef and have added a bunch of frags such as
Birds nest, Orange monti, turbinaria and Galaxea. I havenít seen any growth whatsoever in a few weeks. And Iíve slowly acclimated to what my settings are as to not bleach them. If anything theyíve just stayed the same. My flow is good and levels appear to all be in good range. I was thinking maybe my lights are the reason. And was looking for a better idea of what my settings should be. I will post a picture of my settings if my AI app ever decides to workÖ

__________________
harryggumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bribo12's Avatar

Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,729
Hydra 26 light settings for 75g mixed reef

How long have they been in the system? I run my hydra 26hd on my 20 gallon and i run blues, royal blues at about 110% peak for 7-8 hours. Green and red run like 3-4%. Uv and violet run at peak 45-60% and whites run from 30-40% peak. Some stuff takes a while to really show growth. Do you feed the acans? Turbinaria is a very slow growing coral, same with galaxea. The birdsnest and monti should grow fast but could take a little to settle in.

Also, how olds the tank?
__________________
20 Gallon SPS reef
29 Gallon FW "fat catfish" tank
20 Gallon Long Dart Frogs "Zig" and "Zag"
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 04:48 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
harryggumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribo12 View Post
How long have they been in the system? I run my hydra 26hd on my 20 gallon and i run blues, royal blues at about 110% peak for 7-8 hours. Green and red run like 3-4%. Uv and violet run at peak 45-60% and whites run from 30-40% peak. Some stuff takes a while to really show growth. Do you feed the acans? Turbinaria is a very slow growing coral, same with galaxea. The birdsnest and monti should grow fast but could take a little to settle in.

Also, how olds the tank?


Frags have been in about a month. Tank is running for 6 years. No feeding as of now just whatever mysis the fish donít get. I heard galaxea grow quick so thatís part of why Iíve been disappointed to not really see any growth. My levels are:
ph - 8.0
ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5
Salinity - 1.025
Calcium - 530
Mag - 1259
Alkalinity - 8.9
__________________
harryggumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 05:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bribo12's Avatar

Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,729
Hydra 26 light settings for 75g mixed reef

At about a month in is when you should start seeing growth. Especially on the birdsnest and monti. Maybe I was thinking of favias not galaxea with slow growth, whoops. Have you ever checked par?
__________________
20 Gallon SPS reef
29 Gallon FW "fat catfish" tank
20 Gallon Long Dart Frogs "Zig" and "Zag"
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:23 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
harryggumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribo12 View Post
At about a month in is when you should start seeing growth. Especially on the birdsnest and monti. Maybe I was thinking of favias not galaxea with slow growth, whoops. Have you ever checked par?


No Iíve never check par but figured maybe Iíll just wait and see in the meantime as they donít seem to be dying either. Would just love to see some growth is allÖ seems like Iím at a stand still and itís frustrating
__________________
harryggumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:42 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bribo12's Avatar

Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,729
Howís polyp extension and color? Sometimes stuff just takes forever. Also if you have pics from when you first got them look back. That may have actually grown a bit
__________________
20 Gallon SPS reef
29 Gallon FW "fat catfish" tank
20 Gallon Long Dart Frogs "Zig" and "Zag"
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:55 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
BigRedsReefs10's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 5,093
Hydra 26 light settings for 75g mixed reef

I set my ai up at full power on purple, UV, both blues, green and red at 15% and cool whites at 55, but I like the blue look. I then use the 2 finger slide to set it at 50% power or so but with out changing my spectrum. A month really isnít that long for corals to be in your system so they could still be adjusting so Iíd just give it time. If I remember correctly you were having some param (didnít you dose something to change your alk level) issues a few weeks ago?
__________________
BigRedsReefs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:29 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
harryggumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribo12 View Post
Howís polyp extension and color? Sometimes stuff just takes forever. Also if you have pics from when you first got them look back. That may have actually grown a bit


Polyp extension seems good with the birds nest and every once in awhile the galaxea will extend their sweeper tentacles. I wish I wouldíve taken more pictures itís hard to tell for sure
__________________
harryggumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:34 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
harryggumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedsReefs10 View Post
I set my ai up at full power on purple, UV, both blues, green and red at 15% and cool whites at 55, but I like the blue look. I then use the 2 finger slide to set it at 50% power or so but with out changing my spectrum. A month really isnít that long for corals to be in your system so they could still be adjusting so Iíd just give it time. If I remember correctly you were having some param (didnít you dose something to change your alk level) issues a few weeks ago?

Okay Iím hoping theyíre just adjusting still. Yess my alkaline was low. Itís been steady 8.9-9.1 since which Iím happy about. And steadily doing water changes as well
__________________
harryggumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:28 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Flaxon-Waxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 2,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryggumb View Post
Okay Iím hoping theyíre just adjusting still. Yess my alkaline was low. Itís been steady 8.9-9.1 since which Iím happy about. And steadily doing water changes as well


What is your PO4 testing at?

Also, several SPS tanks around me keep alk around 8.1-ish
__________________
Fish tanks are just complex math equations, but Iím not good with numbers.
Flaxon-Waxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
75g, hydra, light, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Save 20% on Prime HD, Hydra 26HD and Hydra 52HD AquaCave Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More) 0 10-09-2019 11:00 AM
New Lower Prices on AI Hydra 26 & Hydra 52 AquaCave Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More) 0 02-25-2015 12:00 PM
Calling all ai hydra users all ai hydra users gleach Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 12 01-30-2014 03:20 AM
My new upgrade to a 75g mixed reef tank from a 14g biocube mixed. amonk Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 1 12-03-2013 04:12 PM
My new upgrade to a 75g mixed reef tank from a 14g biocube mixed. amonk Members Saltwater Tanks Showcase 1 12-03-2013 12:00 PM







» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.