hydrometer broken need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The hand part of my hydrometer is broken....
Any ideas or fixing it?
Or any stores that sell replacement parts?
135506-4.jpg

I agree, I think they are only about 10 bucks, its not worth the time to mess around with it. And like kevin said, you will have no idea how accurate it will be.

i'll third that opinion. that swing arm needs to swing absolutly freely, any resistance will skew your results. They're not even $10 around here, I've seen the SeaChem swing arms for <$5 here. The DeepSix ones are probably closer to $10

I just bought it from someone 2 days ago :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

the deep six is 2 points lower than actual. so 1.026 is actualy 1.028 against my Refractometer

Yours is 2 points lower, each hydrometer is an individual, some (of the same brand) will be right on the money, some will be low and some will be high...to varying degrees.

Of the swing arms, I have found the Deep 6 to be the most consistantly accurate, but there will be variance from hydrometer to hydrometer. Best way to know how accurate it is, is to find someone with a refractometer and test it ;)

You can pick up a decent salinity refractometer on ebay or online for around $50 and up. Believe me it is worth it. No more twiddling around or not being so sure of your salinity. Just my .02. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom