Hyper clown fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zero333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,

So i have a clown fish in my 10 gal, it is a very small ocelarus (spelling?) clown 1" tops and the little guys swims like crazy all the time that the lights are on. At night when just the moon light is on he seems to sleep/chill out. Is this normal, is it because it is still a baby? It is currently the only fish i have in there and before i go an add another small fish i want to make sure he is calm. All of my chemica/salt levels are fine, so cannot expect it to be from that.
ANy info would be great,

thanks
pete

I have had it for about a week+ now,, say about 8-10 days. At first i thought it was just just freaked out. But it is still going? Healthy fish though, eats good and well doesn't stop moving much.

I can only speak from my experience, but my Clowns are not that skittish, in fact they are pretty calm.
It may just be nervousness, maybe he will settle down with time.
Maybe another non aggresive fish will settle him down. Is the 10 gallon, a qt tank?

not a qt tank, It is a nano-reef, lots of places for him to hide and a massive fussy mushroom if he wishes to "host" something. I was looking into getting another fish, but didn't want to put anything in there with the clown if it was not ok.

Mine are nuts-o. they are much more active than FW fish tend to be. I was just as worried as you were when I first got mine. I think its probibly normal behavior.

a word of caution: Clowns will eat EVERYTHING you feed them. so be careful not to feed them to much. they don't know when to say no.

Back
Top Bottom