I added a Sally and my cleaning shrimp disappeared!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonflyshots

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yes it is true. I added a Sally light foot and the next thing I know is my giant cleaning shrimp named mister sweeps #2 is MIA. I checked the back if the tank and I looked really hard at the tank. No signs of the crab eating it. He just totally disappeared! Can anyone tell me why?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes it is true. I added a Sally light foot and the next thing I know is my giant cleaning shrimp named mister sweeps #2 is MIA. I checked the back if the tank and I looked really hard at the tank. No signs of the crab eating it. He just totally disappeared! Can anyone tell me why?

He is probably just molting.

I put a sally in on a Friday and by Sunday night he was dead. I was pretty sad about that one :(

I have a giant sally lightfoot crab that I am unable to get rid of. It's absolutely ugly and murders everything it can get it's hands on.

I'm of the opinion that every crab will kill and eat every living thing it can catch. If they were big enough they would eat us

But I would have seen some sort of debris of him. I mean he has completely disappeared. Maybe I should get rid of my new crab. The shrimp was really big though.

So I returned the Sally. She was eating all my hermit crabs too! The shrimp has not come back. Thanks for all your advice and RIP to mister Sweeps #2

Back
Top Bottom