I Admit it I Strayed......... NEVER AGAIN!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beachbumin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so i was curious and looked at some of the other forums. I always thought that this was a great site but never expected it to be this good!!! This is by far the best forum for advice and friendly people that i have ever stumbled upon! Well I guess what im trying to say is that I think we all owe reefrunner and everyone else a big thank you and a pat on the back. Thanks guys and keep on keeping on! :D

Haha--I saw your thread title and had to see what it was about.
So now you know!
I hope that couch is comfy tonight :wink:

Thats why I put everyone else!! Reef got first because he answered the post i was looking at before writing this one. Dont get me wrong though, Fishfreak has saved me a whole lot of trouble too!! :fadein:

Agreed, I tried a few others, lots of attitudes out there.
This is the best :wink:

Well I fourth it then lol. I love this site. I spend hours reading through all the post made before I joined. I'm a little addicted I guess. I have started reading the freshwater stuff to...which I don't have and will never have again. I'm already thinking about starting a bigger aquarium and I haven't even came close to finishing what I want to accomplish with my current one. Oh one last thing....I used to do website creation and admin for a few other hobbies. It can be very expensive...so anything you can do to help these guys out would be very appreciated I'm sure. Thanks for all your hard work admins.

I'll never go anywhere else other than to search and read whats already there. When I first joined the forums here there was a heated debate over some talk show and the Nemo movie. Actually, I take that back. It was debated heavily, and many people had very strong feelings, but it never got heated. It never got personal. I was one of the few going against the flow with my opinions. The fact that my opinion was debated but I wasn't personally rediculed or attacked is what got me hooked. Debate is healthy and necessary for the hobby to grow and improve. Arguing isn't. The fact that everyone here is willing to help and really just has the interest of their tanks in mind make this one of the best forums I've seen out there.

Kudo's galor to FishFreek and ReefRunner69 (the founders) and all my fellow advisors.

[edit]I just realized my sign off was rather rude... it's the members of this site just as much as anyone else that makes this site what it is. Kudo's to ALL OF YOU and my depest apologies for ommiting you the first time :cry: [edit]

Well..I guess I am going to echo what has already been said. I came from SWF.com...another site that doesnt even come close to being as friendly as this one. The general members are nice but the admin is psycho. Bang reccomended this site to me and I love it. I have been back to the other site only twice...Guess this is home now! :mrgreen:

I have to chime in and agree whole heartedly! This site is the best!

Hey Menagerie, I feel you pain. I'm a Jersey boy, and I HATE the Flyers! We'll get em' next year!

i agree totally with all of you! i am new to the hobby, so i haven't done a whole lot of searching for quality forums, now i don't need to. everyone has been extremely helpful/friendly. a big "thanks!" to everybody involved :mrgreen:

I Must be one of the lucky ones. (well almost) I found this site on my first try after killing a tank full of fish. Everyone here is most helpful and I don't have enough Kudos to go around for everyone that deserves them. :oops: I have looked at 1 other site since joining here and it's like night and day. Here people try and explain what your doing wrong and how to fix it. Over there they just tell you "do it this way" with no explaination as to why.

Oh my.... Ill second.. third... ok ok 50th.... Ive been on alot of sites.. but never joined as a member... only read what was there and felt intimidated by those who posted... UGH!!!! Ive been in Salt water for over 10 years... well ok with a long break in there too.. but wow to leaqrn all over again.... has been AWESOME! to say the least.... I just came across this site this am... and I cant leave! youve all been wide open fins... and Im really enjoying and learning as well..... Keep up the AWESOME work! and to you all who run this site...... dont EVER STOP!! ok I really should get dinner and feed my fish ya think? :lol:

MEGA DITTO!!!!! You guys are great.
Except for one thing no one here likes LFS much. They are great, they sell you all sots of thing you don't need. What's not great about that. HEHEHE :D :mrgreen:

Well, :lol: as usual I have to stick out like a sore thumb.

I belong to one other forum, cichlid-forum.com. There's a bunch of people there that are very knowledgable about cichlids. However, this is the forum I check at least 2 times a day, and most of my posts (including cichlid posts) I post here. I only post on the other site if there's a specific cichlid question that I asked here and need further information. That site tends to be a lot stricter in disscusion (they have no "Lounge" :wink: ) and some discussions can get downright rude, but I haven't had any problems there.

Now I know some are going to disagree with my next statement, but I feel strongly about this. IMHO, this should not be one's sole point of reference about fish. I have a couple books, a subscription to Aquarium Fish (thanks to my sister-in-law :D ), and the other web-sites I look at. Don't get me wrong, I love this site and it's the only website, forum, or otherwise that I believed in enough to send money to--but don't discount knowledge derived from other sources either :wink: .

Good Lord I am having trouble getting off the soapbox tonight! :roll:

*edit: :oops: didn't realize this was a s.w. thread

I agree that this site is a good general knowledge base, but sometimes you need to get down to a more technical forum at times.

I don't disagree with you at all. You should always consider multiple sources when making decisions or investigating... stuff :D

Back
Top Bottom