I am moving this summer, what do I do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GT96

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 110 gal. reef/invert/fish tank and I am moving 40 min. away. I was wondering if I should just buy a new tank and set it up at the new house so that when we move, I just have to take the live rock in a trip, then coral, then fish and put it in the new tank, while the old one is still up. Is this my best bet.

We have a good article in our articles area written for freshwater tanks on moving. While its for freshwater tanks the basics of the process are the same for saltwater.

Make the fish tank the last thing you packup and the first thing you setup. Save as much water as possible and transport it in plastic 55 gal drums. NEVER try to move more than 10gal of water at a time via buckets. Water is very heavy and can easily hurt yourself.

Place teh rock in one of the drums. Fish in another. lose corals in with the fish. 40minutes will mean you wont have to worry about airstones or keeping the water warm while you transport.

LOL, spoken like an addict. What a great idea! I'm tucking that great advice away for future use,lol.

Back
Top Bottom