I finally got some inverts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toddwess

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all -

I finally got some inverts in the tank. I got . . .

20 blue hermits
10 turbo snails
2 cleaner shrimp
1 serpant star
1 standard hermit (red) - don't know much about him

I couldn't believe how small the blue hermits were!!! Here is a link to a picture . . .

http://www.toddwess.com/pics/hermit.jpg

They are doing well, and the brown algae is going away and being replaced with very florecent green algae. Looks like tiny tiny little fern bushes.

Do I have to feed these guys? I have a 40 gal tank with 45 lbs of LR and 3 inches of Live Sand. Is there going to be enough food for them?

Todd

Do I have to feed these guys?

Once you have fish and start feeding them it will not be necessary to feed them, but at this stage of the game, yes you should feed them a couple or three times per week. Also make sure you put an assortment of shells in the tank for the blue legs as they grow, otherwisw they will kill your snails for their shells ;)

reefrunner69 said:
Do I have to feed these guys?

Once you have fish and start feeding them it will not be necessary to feed them, but at this stage of the game, yes you should feed them a couple or three times per week. Also make sure you put an assortment of shells in the tank for the blue legs as they grow, otherwisw they will kill your snails for their shells ;)

Yep, found this out the hard way! :) I've got several shells in there now.

I won't have fish for several weeks. What do you recommend as food in the mean time?

Thanks!

Todd

Back
Top Bottom