i got a problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach119

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have had my sw tank up for about 3 months now and everything is doing great there are two things im worried about my temp at night is at like 78 and then when my lights come on at around 4pm everyday it climbs to 84 but it is a steady pattern. it is the summer months here in illinois and it is upper 90s everyday and we dont have the best air conditioning in the world. will 84 be ok for a high temp till fall and winter come? Also one more thing i am starting to see green bubble algea what can i do to take care of this problem is it because of the heat or what? thanks in advance.

The heat may be adding to the problem.
Do you have a heater employed? If so, turn it off.
84 is about as high as you want to go.
You can always offer more ventilation be placing a fan to blow across the surface. Do you have reef lights?

yes i do have reef lights and the heater is off i have not done the fan thing yet. but everything is doing good in there and seem happy and swimming around i just hope i can get through these hottt months of summer. and my coraline algea is growing like crazy everywhere.

I have 2 CFM 80 fans running across the top of the tank for MH, and one household fan running across the sump. I have my temp set to 79, and highest it has gotten is 80.5. If you have a sump with pumps, this will definitely contribute to the heat in the tank.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom