I have questions about Flatworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joe&rae

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok i have has many sw tanks over the past few years and have not seen or heard of flatworms till now?? i have read some things that say all flatworms are bad and some say that the white ones are ok? the ones that i see in my tank are withe, are they cause for concern or what? there are quite a few of them in the tank, it is a mostly coral tank! What should i do, if anything???

From what I understand, the ones that are not a problem are only so because they tend to stay under control. If you have alot of them, they are not under control, and I would consider that bad.

If it was me, I would remove them. What are they on? Do they swim in the water column? Do they spend a lot of time on the corals?

I think others here will suggest you keep your nutrients low to combat the flatworms. I used to have them, and they spent their time on my mushroom corals. I removed as many as I could by sucking them off the corals with a syringe and then put effort into keeping nutrients low in the tank. They havent been back since.

Matt

They are hanging out on my glass and shrooms. And I noticed a crap load of tinyones on the glass.

I have recently had a big issue with flat worms! After 1.5 yrs of no problems that record came crashing down mine were not the white ones but the evil brown and redish ones.

And the day i posted this my nitrates went through the roof??? 40ppm nothing is new or changed , could this be related?? i have never havd my nitrates jump that fast without cause!

Back
Top Bottom