I jumped the gun.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is better for you to use a bulkhead coupling to fit an elbow that can then shoot your water to the bottom of that tank. That way if you change your mind no harm done..

Like a snap connector, I didn't think about that if something went wrong. Thanks for the tip.

Alright, got the tank filled and have my rock in and it's cycling. The room it's in can get 0 light unless I open the blinds and take down the plywood I have covering the window. Should I leave the lights off the whole time. I want to eliminate any cyano before it even starts and want to know what to do to make that happen. Also when I move my fish, shrimp, and snails, should I qt the snails in total darkness in case some cyano latched on to their shells? Btw, the tangs are doing great, the blue one had ich. It showed up the next day so I have them hypo'd right now and they(like the firefish and wrasse) seem more active than they were in normal salinity. Is there something weird going on or is that normal? I'll get some pictures up when I get a new camera, mine had a fight with concrete and lost.

You can leave the lights off during your cycle. Cyano is a bacteria and You can't prevent it from getting into you tank. The only way is through good housekeeping practices like limiting the amount of food and having good circulation and water changing habits.
So don't keep your snails in total darkness, it would serve no real purpose.

Back
Top Bottom