I just realized Ive been caring for about a dozen Aiptasia Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saratj1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was reading around the forum and read someone's post about getting rid of these anemones, I got curious about what these things were so I did a google search and saw what I've been carefully and lovingly target feeding brine shrimp to on some live rock I have, thinking they were cool. So I was thinking about injecting them with some lemon juice any suggestions?

View attachment 76695

Boil the lemon juice if you can. Peppermint shrimp also tend to work out well. If both don't, you can try Joe's juice, or aiptasia X.

Lol!! Man this made me laugh!! "carefully and lovingly"!!

Are you sure they are apistia? They look almost like some type of button polyp.

Can we get a pic where they are out?

+1 on that.....not aptasia's.

Def look like zooas....think they're a bit too small to be people eaters.

Impressed with your diligence and dedication, but there's no need to target feed. Give them light! :)

Take care.

This is the pic I saw that made me realize what I had.

They are exactly like this, with the little whitish stripes on the tentacles and everything. I'm charging up my good camera, to try to get better pics, I've been using my phone up until now

Last edited:
Yes, I would say local fish store but It's not local to me b/c I drove an hour to go to it opposed to my local fish store b/c they are better, and rock was expensive probably about $60-70.

Back
Top Bottom