I need your advice on my lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 90 gallon aquarium. it has 2 65w 10,00k and 2 65w power compacts an 2 20w NO flouresent lights. i have a clam, assorted shrooms, a toadstool and they are all doing well. But i was wondering what your opinions are of my wattage and what corals you recomend for a medium light system

On 3 hrs of sleep that`s all I could come up with. :D No there are more but That`s all I could think of. More will follow from people that have them. Sorry for the short list.

You got a deresa clam, right? Mine did well with that same lighting in a 72g. But yours is deeper. If it hasn't done poorly in 2 years, you're probably gonna be alright.

There's always leathers. If there are places to put corals halfway up the tank or higher, there maybe more opportunities. Frogspawn was fine on my bottom, so maybe you can too if placed a little higher. Maybe dot the landscape with a couple of ricordias near the top also - one brown/orange, and another green/yellow. MY LFS sells those for $20 if a single polyp - ususally attached to a very small rock or empty snail shell. I've superglued those to rock ledges succesfully. They'll multiply just like your shrooms.

Cladiella/finger leathers is another decent choice for moderate light and current. Capnella leathers (kenya tree) may also work for you.

Is it really close to the surfase?

and what about zoos and shrooms?
at least shrooms I would think.

yes I know how low the light is. :D

Mine was 18" down - on the sand 3/4x65s on it. The thing actuall grew in the 3 yrs I had it. Dosed in the first yer, but then only did PWC's and my deresa did fine. They have much lower lighting needs than the others.

thanks guys, i have 240 canadian dollars which im getting for passover and spending on livestock, the LFS just recieved a huge shipment of corals and a flame hawkfish(my dream fish which he is holiding) i cant wait!

ps: im sorry if this is off topic but does anyone have experience with flame hawkfish?

Back
Top Bottom