I read in a article that vinegar will take away algea???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flatzboy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I read that if you put vinegar in the water it will remove all the algea. I am not sure about this or if you can use it for saltwater. Has anyone ever tried this or heard of it.

Remember, we are trying to keep our fish alive, not picle them. If you are really hungry grab a dill pickle, but please do not pickle the fish. I also hope the tang and mandarin will be moving as soon as possible to the 75 wiht a lot of LR!

If you want algae to go away, get your water parameters right and add the correct mix of cleaners, natural is always better than quick!

Vinegar is useful to clean externally, not in the water. If you get algae growing on equipment then you can remove it and clean with vinegar, but rinse it all off before putting it back.

Madmanmac my algea is fine I thought I would just share a little info on what I read. Also the tang will be going in the 75 gallon it is only about 2 inches right know he seems to have developed a good freindship with the mandrin.

I was not trying to be rude, I too have a small yellow that is growing while I prepare my bigger tank. Glad to hear your algae is fine I meant nothing negative I assure you.

Not sure about the FW side (I would venture it's the same) but the yeast and sugars used in the manufacture of vinegar would actually fuel algae growth, not reduce it. Even with the use of vinegar in boosting kalkwasser potency it should be used sparingly.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom