I think I killed my live rock..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tex

Aquarium Advice Addict
So yeah that pretty sums up my observation, it was nice and brown and orange at the reef store now it's pale and ghosty white, is this normal?

I used their premixed water and followed all the directions they gave me, cleaned my hob filter and tank vigorously before adding anything and now I think ruined it all.

It sounds like your coraline algae bleached out. Mine did this when I changed my lighting, I think it is pretty sensitive to light change. I am guessing on this but pictures would help. If I'm correct new stuff will fill in and be back to how it was or maybe be a different color with time.

Yeah, most likely just dying coralline algae. It dies fairly easily, but the bacteria is what you really want.

Oh ok that sounds reasonable lol I had the rock out of water for about an hour or so would that do it? It was a long arduous trip home and then setting up was a pita but more its gorgeous I couldn't be happierb with sw.

Oh ok that sounds reasonable lol I had the rock out of water for about an hour or so would that do it? It was a long arduous trip home and then setting up was a pita but more its gorgeous I couldn't be happierb with sw.

It probably would. Also, i'm glad you're liking salt water (y)

Sounds like we agree. The bacteria should still be there. Lets see some pictures of the tank.

Post up some pictures Tex. You'll love saltwater, especially when you build you a big tank so you can house some of my favorite fish like angels and tangs :)

Post up some pictures Tex. You'll love saltwater, especially when you build you a big tank so you can house some of my favorite fish like angels and tangs :)

I absolutely fell in love with a butterfly tang today (don't quote me) man I think I have my stock list down too

Pic as requested

Not the permanent rock arrangement just placed em in there completely blind (super cloudy tank) and ill stack em nice tomorrow.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130810_023137.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130810_023137.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom