I want a shrimp.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

accorddude

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have decided that I want a shrimp in my tank now. My local fish store has Red Fire Shrimp and Cleaner Shrimp and they told me they had a coral banded shrimp instock that had yet to be unpacked.

So my question is I have several. What is going to be the best shrimp for me. I really like the Coral Banded Shrimp or the Sexy Shrimp. They might get some in stock soon they say.

My tank
10 Gal
40 Watt light
1 True Oscelaris Clown
1 Pincushion Urchine
6 Turbo Snails
1 BTA
1 Red Star (i forgot the name for the min but its red and reef safe and will stay small)
5 lbs live rock
5 lbs live sand

The tank has been established for a long time

Are you expecting a specific benifit from the shrimp, or just to have a shrimp? If you don't need anyting in particular, just go with the one that you like the colors of. All of those will fit fine in a 10 gallon.

I am not really expecting a benefit from the shrimp. But was wondering what shrimp would be best for my tank. From what I have read it seems like they will all be fine(of the ones that i have thought of)

I have the Red blood shrimp or red fire shrimp as you say. They are very colorful creatures and they act as cleaners for my fish. I would say go with that, but the choice is yours.

i prefer the cleaner shrimps over the blood red ones b/c they have more personality.

I have a coral banded shrimp, "Jaques" and he absolutely my favorite. He has so much personality IMO and he will actually climb the glass for guests, with his little legs going a hundred miles an hour. He is really good and I have only seen him react badly to one fish a purple pseudochromis. He is great with everything else. And I love to watch him "primp" and clean his long feelers. Just my experience. Good luck!

My Coral Banded shrimp was a murder. He killed and ate three cleaners and two blood shrimp in about seven months. However his colours were stunning (I say were because he molted last week and died after eating my last cleaner shrimp?) and everybody who saw him loved him.

A 10gal is limited real estate for a CBS. While generally peaceful, they are territorial. I suggest a couple of cleaners or one cleaner and a blood shrimp for variety.

I had a mated pair of CBS. They killed all the pepps and I wanted a cleaner so I moved them to small tank. Then I got a couple of cleaners and a grouop of new peppermints.

Now I want one

Okay, now I want a shrimp. Will they clean up the fish poo that the hermits can't seem to keep up with? :)

I got a skunk cleaner shrimp. He seems like a hungry little bugger. I fed him this afternoon. Then I fed my BTA AND HE STOLE ITS FOOD. I guess i have to feed them at the same time. I hope he dont steel from my clown tomorrow when I feed it.

Back
Top Bottom