I was thinking...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so last nigh after work when i got home the moon lights were one. and i sat there for about an hour just watching all the night life come out. I think i saw my first pod. it was like 1 in long. and was more like a worm moving around the top of the water. now my question is this i have a sponge on my over flow to catch stuff that the over flow puts off the top of the water. and then i have a blue filter bad to catch any thing that is not caught by the sponge. then have a bio sponge in the sump. will the pod be able to go through all of this?

A 1" long pod would be very long. I have not seen mine on the suface of the water but thats not saying they will go up there from time to time. They really look more like little crustations. With a curved back and antenea.

The pods will find the sponge in your overflow and the pad and sponge in your wet/dry as a great home. Infact if you pull your sponge out and just hold it for a few minutes you might find some of these pods comming out of the sponge trying to figure out whats up.

A pod crawling around on your hand really feels strange.

lol well it as moving vary fast. and it was like a worm. did not get a vary good look at it. but that is what i thought it was.

Back
Top Bottom