I would like to get a scooter blenny and another blenny prob bicolor or midias.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hocky puck

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to get a scooter blenny and another blenny prob bicolor or midias. Thoughts? Would they fight?

My concern is the scooter. Theyre not actually blennies. Theyre dragonets. So you need tons of pods.

Tons of them. They can wipe out a small aquarium pretty quickly. If you religiously added live pods, you could be okay.

My scooter eats brine shrimp and loves it! Get one they're definitely fun to watch around the tank. Get one that eats prepared at the lfs or train the little one in a breeder box. Not as hard as people think unless I'm just lucky, which I doubt. I attached a pic of my little guy; he's nice and chubby always a showman.

Attachments

• image-537342707.jpg
    image-537342707.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 165
No where near that many. But a good refugium and keeping the pod population high enough to see them at night with a flashlight is what you're shooting for.

Are there an easy to care for dragonets? That might be a good sub for the scooter.

Some people have good luck with dragonettes, but many, many don't. This forum is full of threads discussing this very topic. Some can be taught to eat regular food, but most exist on pods. They are very slow hunters, so the conditions need to be right for them to thrive. Not the easiest fish to keep. Getting a fat one from the LFS and a good pod population is the first place to start.

I believe they can be trained some easier than others. You just have to be willing to spend a few day to a few months training them.

Khij159753 said:
I believe they can be trained some easier than others. You just have to be willing to spend a few day to a few months training them.

If you have a good fugi youll be fine in my experience

It is possible to teach to eat brine or even flakes but can take months. But is worth training.

Yeah but he would cost alot. You can buy tigger pods by the bottle and they eat that but it's expensive.

Mine wouldn't eat any food at the LFS and I bought him anyway. After coating a layer of sand in a tub with food and putting him in he ate it or tasted it and after he started an finished eating I took him out.

It will cost you a little more but fish bred in captivity tend to be more hardy and adapt to tanks than those that are caught in the wild.

My ORA mandarin didnt eat pellets or frozen when I got him. Took a month to train him and he only lasted cause i had a good supply of pods while he was being weaned. My scooter was the same way, took a month to train him too.

carey said:
My ORA mandarin didnt eat pellets or frozen when I got him. Took a month to train him and he only lasted cause i had a good supply of pods while he was being weaned. My scooter was the same way, took a month to train him too.

Oh that bites! I actually called my LFS and asked about them because I'd seen you talk about it on another thread. He did guarantee that they would eat and said he would feed him in the store. If he eats in the store plus I have copepods I should be ok...right? LOL! EVERYBODY WANTS A MANDARIN!! Haha!

Back
Top Bottom