ich quick fix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juskeepswiming

Aquarium Advice Activist
My blue tang had a couple spots about a week ago and then they went away. Today he has spots all over. I started feeding him that recipe of shrimp,clams,ETC. with some garlic, but is there something else that will get rid of the ich quickly without killing coral? :(

There is no quick fix for ich :(

Your best bet is to QT and use Hypo or Copper to erradicate teh Ich. Leaving your tank fallow for 4-8 weeks.

I felt the same way when i got Ich in my tank. I searched high and low for a invert safe way to erradicate it. After doing a lot of research I found it would be must more cost effective, and time effective to QT.

It cost me 5 bucks for a bottle of CopperSafe. All those "Coral-Safe" ich treatments run you upwards of 30 bucks. That doesn't gurantee the ich gone either :( I read someone that had to do three treatments of coral safe stuff before the ich was gone, and he still wound up getting it back a week later. So he dropped 90 bucks for nothing.

I just used hypo on my Purple tang. Time in QT is all it cost me. When the fish finally enters my main in a week it will be 8 weeks in QT (1 week before treatment, 1 week to get to treatment levels, 4 weeks at treatment level, 1 week to bring the tank back up and 1 week insurance). I'm so glad he started out in my QT or I would have had all of my fish in QT and I don't relish the thought of catching them!

Ich cycles that way and just when you think you're in the clear it is back in full force. Good luck getting rid of it!

Back
Top Bottom