Idea for a heater...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maximo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if anyone makes or has built a system that would pump water through some kind of thermal coupling attached to a light enclosure. It probably wouldn't be enough to keep the tank up to temp but I'm sure it would help. It would definitely help keep the light enclosure cool.

Just a thought.

-Maximo

Opps, I meant to put this in the Saltwater - General Discussion forum. Would one of the kindly Admins please move it there for me?

-Thanks,

-Maximo

Most ppl try to pull heat out of the lighting so it doesn't heat their tanks up too much. I know my lighting raises the in tank temp quite a bit if I let it.

Couple of complications

Couple of complications.

1. As the previous person mentioned, most people find that the light contributes too much heat to their system. I know mine does, which is why I have a chiller.

2. If you're always pumping water through the light system, you don't have much control over the temperature. Adding a temperature controller (like I use for my chiller) is expensive.

3. You'll still need a heater for when the lights are out and when the tank is most likely to need it (i.e., at night when the temp drops and there are no lights warming the tank).

Back
Top Bottom