Ideal calcium and alkalinity?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I only have 1 SPS coral in my tank, so I have never really worried about specific calcium or dKH params in my tank. I use Red Sea pro salt, so that has helped with keeping everything good (coral is colorful and growing). I do plan on getting more coral in the future, lps and sps. But I know as I would attain more, they will begin to suck up my calcium etc. that being said, I know I will need to keep an eye on params. I also know that different corals prefer different params, but is there an ideal, happy, param?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If the levels of coral in your tank aren't depleting the elements, then you won't have to dose anything. It takes a heavily stocked SPS tank to require dosing for the most part. As long as you are keeping up with weekly water changes all will be well.

I don't do weekly WCs on my reef. I do either 3 week or monthly. My tank is not fully stocked, I feed every other day, and nitrate stay steady @ 5ppm. When I do get more corals, where dosing becomes required, what are some ideal #s?

That is awesome! Thanks sniper

Back
Top Bottom