Identify this coral...please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bought this coral from a local guy who sells put of his house. Super nice guy with a huge frag selection!

He says it's called triangularis and he's had the colony for 10 yrs. Says he bought it from a guy the had it imported from the Thailand area. It's NUCLEAR green under the actinics. Never seen anything that glows like this which is why I bought it.

I can't find a website that identifies it so I'm looking for your help.

Its a hard coral but has little polyps that look like tiny leaves.

Anyone help?

Attachments

• image-1438077042.jpg
    image-1438077042.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 161
No idea what it is, but looks really cool, nice find, looks like what you think of when you think of coral except alive and colorful, not white like you see it for decoration.

could it be hydnophora? sometimes called branching horn coral? I'm just guessing, I've only seen one online!

Saratj1 said:
No idea what it is, but looks really cool, nice find, looks like what you think of when you think of coral except alive and colorful, not white like you see it for decoration.

Ya I think so too. I got lucky I guess. Never seen anything glow so much. I'll post a pic under the actinics when I get home.

I thought maybe hydro as well but I looked that up and it's slightly different. If anyone is in Illinois near the Kane county area....he's got a dozen more to sell.

Back
Top Bottom