If anticipating a move, should I wait?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fambrough

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There is a chance my wife and I will relocate in the fall of 2005. Is this good reason for me to put off starting a FOWLR tank? I am leaning toward a 30 or 40 gal. It seems like moving a tank would be terribly impractical and has the potential result of many casualties or complete system failure.

FWIW, my planning stage is tremendous fun. Out of all the clutter--the vast amount of knowledge and divergent strategies--I seem to be making sense of the fine art of filtration. I have read Fenner's book and been lurking here and elsewhere absorbing all the info I can.

Thanks,
Ben

I know I am moving next summer and set my tank up anyway.
I am glad I did. I love it.

I didnt care and didnt want to wait another year, and then who knows what could happen that would make me wait longer.
So I did it.

When I move I plan to have the LFS I trust move my tank to my new location.
They have expericence moving tanks but it aint cheap.

If I had to break the tank down myself. Forget it, Id wait.

Just helped a friend move a tank to a different room of the house. ALLOT of work and it was in the same house. It can be done but I would wait.

rats!

I guess I knew the answer. It's good to hear it from people who know. Thanks. We might find out as early as next month whether or not the potential for relocation exists. If not, then I'll move into action. If we find out next month that there is a possibility, we'll know for sure by March one way or another.

I can wait. One of the most interesting things about this whole process to will be "building" and watching the tank mature. The mature/final results will be nice, but are less interesting to me than watching the progress.

Thanks again,
Ben

Back
Top Bottom