If you find a firefish..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vermonter310

Aquarium Advice Activist
It's mine !

3 and a half weeks in QT.......one night in the display tank

.......Gone!

Not on the floor, no pieces in the tank that I can see. I Have to assume it's those D%@# crabs.

Is my Small 1.5" Perc in danger ?

I think this is very normal. I have one that fortunately comes out daily, but when it disappears I have no idea where it goes. It does come out and usually stays out when the lights are on. I just added a green clown goby today and have no idea where it is. I would not give up hope, just allow time for it to acclimate to the new surroundings.

Good luck,

Mine dissapears into the rocks at the slightest noise and stays hidden until it's safe to come out again :)

I had the same thing with mine. Hide for a week, then came out alot, but would disappear for days at a time.

Down side was that when he finally did go I didn't know it for weeks -- assumed he was hiding (I still secectly expect him to pop out, but it's been a few months... :( )

Any luck on locating your firefish yet? My green clown goby appeared tonight. After some careful searching with a flashlight I found it camped out in the base of a decorative coral skeleton. My 4 year old daughter will be so happy since she picked this fish out. :)

Glad to hear about your goby, I've had no luck yet. He's either really good at hiding or really good at playing dead.

Mike

Isn't it wierd that you can have things in your tank that you never see then after a month goes by poof there that darn thing is I forgot I had one of those?

Well if it is any encouragement while I was looking for the goby last night I located my peppermint shrimp that I thought was long gone. It has taken up a location inside a pile of rocks and is only visible with a flashlight.

Not sure how big you tank is or how difficult it would be for you, but maybe slightly rearranging you current rock work would reveal you fire fish and change its hiding spot.

when I first put my pair of Maroon Clowns in they took up residence in the back of the tank. I rearranged a few key rocks after about a month and ever since they tend to hang out on the sides or front middle in a much more visible location.

Good luck,

Firefish is a bugger to find, I got 2 last nite, put them into the tank after acclimation,and then didn't see them until like 20 hours later, and they seem to hide into place that you will never see by your naked eyes.

What kind of crabs do you have that you are worried about?

It probably is a good idea to rearrange once in a while to make sure your fish is still around. My mandarin goby disappeared for a while and when I went looking for it, I found its remains stuck under a rock. poor goby, it was really cool.

Hope you find him.

Back
Top Bottom