im back...again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C4T- Did you open the link I posted? Also, I can't tell for sure what your setup is, but it looks to me like you should add some more CURED LR. Is that crushed coral?

i did open the link you posted, but just realized the extent of the breakout, thought someone would have an idea not listed on the link.

and is what crushed coral? the rock or the substrate? the substrate is aragonite. and the LR is mostly Tonga Branch.

and right now it is the $$$ issue.

The cheapest solution is to get pickling lime and mix up your own killer or use lemon juice. An outbreak like that did not happen overnight and will not be gotten rid of in one day so dig in your heels and come up with a plan. No animal can solve your issues, only you can. The substrate looked like CC to me, glad it isn't. I definitely understand the $ thing. lol

well, of course a dang animal cant solve it, but it can be my friend and help. i would use a CBB, but i cant keep it in this small of a tank, so that is out of the question.

but wont lemon juice mess with the ph balance? and what is pickling lime?

Sorry, but if animals were your friend's I would think that your tank wouldn't be in this condition. My bad I suppose.

If you are asking those questions, you did not read the link that was posted. Sorry, but a simple Google search for "Aiptasia control" can do wonders. There isn't an easy, one-step, way out of what has obviously been building up over time. Good luck.

and you dont consider animals your friends? how can you have a proper relationship with any animal with only a master looking at pet attitude?

as it said on the link, YOUR link, Lemon Juice-inject the anemone into the center with a small amount of lemon juice. This is not a good method if you are treating alot as it will affect the ph and other water chemistry.

and thats direct. but i still dunno wtf pickling lime is kiddo. all it says is to get Mrs Wages Pickling Lime.

and you dont consider animals your friends? how can you have a proper relationship with any animal with only a master looking at pet attitude?

as it said on the link, YOUR link, Lemon Juice-inject the anemone into the center with a small amount of lemon juice. This is not a good method if you are treating alot as it will affect the ph and other water chemistry.

and thats direct. but i still dunno wtf pickling lime is kiddo. all it says is to get Mrs Wages Pickling Lime.

Based on that alone, I should be done talking to you.

Animals aren't my friends. They are my charges and I go to great lengths to make sure that every one (dogs, fish, cats, herps) in my care are very well taken care of. Thank you for your concern. Look at our tanks and tell me how much effort you think I put it.

You are trying to act as if this trouble magically appeared last night. I highly doubt that. Do not attempt yo call me out for YOUR neglect. I tried to help, but you seem to want a magic bullet that simply doesn't exist. I wish you and any creature in your care the very best of luck.

Missed this part... "kiddo" is funny.

Let me google that for you

Actually, lemon juice is a widely used and accepted method of aiptasia control. It doesn't affect pH in any appreciable way provided the user isn't dealing with a major infestation.

"but i still dunno wtf pickling lime is kiddo. all it says is to get Mrs Wages Pickling Lime." First, Please don't use "wtf" on this forum. Mrs Wages Pickling lime is food grade calcium Hydrocloride and is one of the cheapest way to get Kalkwasser to raise alk in a reef tank

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom