I'm saving my pennies...err benjamens now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haub

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Check out these pics of contemporary setups http://mocoloco.com/archives/000512.php I'm assuming they are acrylic? Running out of places to put tanks....not anymore. I wonder if they sell them yet or how out of reach price-wise these will be? Either way thought I would pass it along for discussion

is it me or does this seem sort of cruel seeing the width of these units? Seems like some of the tangs shown might barely be able to turn around?

it looks like they are bowed on both sides creating a () type of shape. I think I am going to email them for more information!

Not enough info there to tell if it's good or bad for the fish. I'm curious about the filtration. Either way, it does look really cool! :band:

Thats awful. They are so narrow. They have an awful surface area:gallon ratio. The ratio should maximize the surface area per gallon of water but with those designes you have minimal surface area. The result is very poor gas exchange. Its suspended from wires and its all clear so that means no sump and in effect no water circulation unless you have it blowing directly across the lenght since its not wide enough for anything other than a linear current.

"A high-performance organic filtration system maintains a clean aquatic environment with minimal upkeep". Uhh, what does that mean exactly :?:

My best guess would be a sand bed with bactera in it. The photos show nothing else attached to the tank.

They dont even show the pumps needed in the tank for water circulation.

It looks like some of the aquariums don't even have sand in them. The ones in the pictures were just setup for the ads ... either that or digitally added into the pictures.

Imagine doing water changes ... ladder ... hoses ... good medical insurance ...

Back
Top Bottom