Im thinking about purcasing a Foxface Lo, opinions wanted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 90 gallon and i was wondering if it is easy to take care of and if i should by a pair instead of one

Well, unfortunately I can't tell you much based on experience. I had one in a 180 reef with several other fish including a yellow tang, hippo tang, coral beauty, maroon clown, and some smaller fish. The Foxface got along fine with everyone, ate well, and was easy to care for. He was in there for about three months when a pump intake screen came loose and he was pulled into the pump. From my short experience, I would recommend them as a good addition to a larger tank. Bear in mine that they are venomous although not dangerously so unless you are allergic to bees and such.

I had one for a couple years and he seemed to get along with other fish as long as he was feed good. He liked seaweed sheets as did the other tangs I had.

Not crazy about mine. Maybe it's 'cause my yellow tang, being the boss makes him a whimp at times. And when he gets wimpy, that beautiful yellow color turns brown in splotches. He can get real ugly at times, yet so beautiful when content, which is the majority of the time. He's going back to the LFS soon though. He's very healthy though and for the most part, gets along fine with the yellow tang. I shouldn't have got him in the first place, being yellow and somewhat disc shaped. An LFS talked me into adding him when I thought a vevlet outbreak had passed. I misunderstood him and thought I could return him after a few weeks. He's going back to another LFS.

2 might be much for your 90 gallon if you want to add any other substabtial sized fish later. But they are hardy and nice looking.

Depends on what else you want. That's gonna be a couple of big fish at maturity that take up quite a bit of space. What's your outlook for the tank inhabitants.

Sounds like you could already have about 25" of adult fish. Tangs @ 16" total, clowns @ 6", and goby at 3". I'd think 2 Lo's would take you way over. Gonna have to take a hard look at tht one. Tough call, but it don't look promising IMO. You might consider some more smaller fish that perch on rocks or the sand (unless that's the kind of goby you already have).

Back
Top Bottom