Impulse buy..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sango

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I went to a LFS that was having a huge sale 30% off live stock and $1 a gallon for tanks. I did not go there to buy anything.(yeah right) but when i walked up to the fish the very first fish I saw was a golden angelfish. I have never heard of this kind of angel. He only get about 5 inchs. The price tag was $90 so with the 30% off I got a pretty good deal. Has anybody ever heard of the type of angelfish? TIA

Centropyge heraldi...aka: golden dwarf or heraldi angelfish

Following excerpt taken from liveaquaria.com http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=1138
The Yellow & Black Heraldi Angelfish is a bright yellow with a jet black stripe on the rear half of the dorsal fin. This unique fish is a color variation of Centropyge heraldi, which is entirely yellow in color. Found in the pristine waters of the South Pacific this unique angelfish will make a wonderful addition to the established marine aquarium.

The Yellow & Black Heraldi Angelfish requires a 30 gallon or larger aquarium with hiding places and large amounts of live rock to graze on the microalgae growth. In the reef aquarium, this species may nip at large-polyped stony corals and clam mantles.

The diet of the Yellow & Black Heraldi Angelfish should include Spirulina, marine algae, high-quality angelfish preparations, mysid or frozen shrimp, and other meaty items.

p_90029.jpg

LRI306.JPG

Thats not the same angel I have. The one I have golden yellow w/ black stripes going up and down his body. I found a web site that says it is a dwarf and only gets 5 inchs

Is it Centropyge multifasciatus or banded multifasciatus angelfish?
www.liveaquaria.com has them in their dwarf angles category. if I could ever figure out how to post links it would sure make things easier. :wink:

lando.. I found that fish but thats not it either. The second pic you posted looks kinda like him but mine has black stripes on him. I tried to find so info on this fish and found very little. He must be a rare fish. LFS that i bought him from said that they have only had 3 of them in two years.

Ny wife would kill me if i bought another 90 gallon tank. The closest angel would be a rusty angel

No...I wish..LOL I just found what it is. Its a Golden Dwarf Angel. From what I have seen then only get up to 3 inchs. LFS told me they get up to 5.. OH well. Now i was wondering if I could put another dwarf angel in my set up? I did get a pretty good deal on this fish online I found them well over $100.

In a 90 you would probably be Ok. Plenty of real estate for 2 dwarfs.
One question though, are you planning a reef?

90 should be enough room for 2. Just get the other one soon before tank domination becomes a factor.

Back
Top Bottom