impulse purchase did i make a huge mistake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
i found a lfs close to me that were selling bta for 35 bucks and i couldnt resist the urge and i brought one its hosting my clown fish(s) off the bat which is pretty cool their kinda nudging at each other to lay in it my tank is nearly 7 months in like 2 more weeks but i'm worried, i know alot of members say to wait a year before you consider an anemone so should i take it back?, the guy at the lfs does offer returns for store credit

10005641bq.jpg

10005638gi.jpg

10005624gm.jpg

I wouldnt worry about it. I know many people that housed anemones in tank less then 6 months and are doing fine. Anemones really cant handle spikes in your water. If your tank is cycled good and has enough LR and good lighting you should be fine. I put 2 of mine in around 5 months and they are doing fine, and it been about a year since.

the big thing more the age is making sure the tank is stable.. If your tank is stable with no swings in Sg and your NO3 is low then it should be fine.. Lighting is a big thing with anemones also.

yea my salinity is a constant 1.024 and my no3 is nearly zero(cant tell if its 0 or 1) and has been for a few months now, desided to fill my cannister filter with lr rubble and ditch everything else in it and my nitrate has been solid ever since

Back
Top Bottom