In the dark...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say that you could however would you like to be in the total dark for 4 weeks??? They say that the lights are just to please the human eye in FO tanks but you have to remember out in the wild they have lights and I think it would stress the fish pretty severely with everything else that happened to it recently.. I know I would not want to live in total darkness for 4 weeks.. When I think about questions such as yours I try and put myself in their shoes or life and think how I would feel in that situation.. If I honestly think that I would like it and be happy then I will go for it.. Even just a Regular 15watt NO florecent bulb would be enough.. Come to Oregon I will give you one.. might not fit but it would work..

James

Actually the fish will not be in total darkness as the ambient room lighting should provide enough light for the fish. The strip light won't hurt but in some circumstances, lighting is not a god idea when treating eye ailments. Having no lighting will also keep the stress level of the fish down some, especially when being moved from a LR set up to a bare bones one...

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom