Inclined tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello guys, I notice that my floor is not completely strait and I could notice that the tank it Isn't too. I checked with an iPhone app and it was shown 0.6 degrees towards the right part of the tank . Will that cause any problem to the tank? Or because the level it is small it will not affect the tank?

(Sorry about rust English, but it s not my main language :p)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What size is the tank? If its a good size youll want to level it out. I used wooden shims and it worked great. If the tank isn't level it will put pressure on the seams on the lower side/end and that could cause issues down the road especially if you're holding back a lot of water and weight...

As long as there aren't any issues within the floor it there isn't any issues it can cause. My tank has been quite unlevel because of the floor for years. The only thing is you will see the uneven water line.

My 125 has overflows on either side so when I set it up and it was uneven one side was getting water while the other wasnt. Thats only an issue for overflows on either side of the tank though.

The tank is 65 gallons,so...I shouldn't worry right?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom