Input on sale thoughts???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Mods, pls place this in the classified section if it belongs there. I wasn't sure since I'm not selling yet. May not, but I'm 85% sure I will move down a bit from my complete 155g reef set up. Thinking about an 80g reef tank in a bit down the road after I get my basement finished. Here's the pkg. Pls tell me what you think I can get for it.

155 AGA drilled tank (black/bow)
Stand and canopy - Oceanic, black oak
Coralife 3x150mh, 4x96w actinic, 4x1w Lunar retro fit light kit, complete
AquaC EV-180 skimmer w/JG fitting, & 5L auto waste container ($80 new)
Mag 7 pump #1
UV light (forgot which)
mag 7 pump #2
Mag 12 pump (main)
Twin Tunze 6060 powerheads (2245 gph)
Tunze multicontroller 7095, w/magnet holders
Fuge/sump (oops, gotta measure - pic below)
JBJ Auto top-off system
Heater (one)

All this stuff sells for about $5,500 new. I had it set upi for about 3 years and took it all down this past July.

I'm thinking I can get $2,000 for it all. Am I crazy or shorting myself???

Attachments

• 6-8 tank & macros 008.jpg
    6-8 tank & macros 008.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 58
  • New tank 4-27 016.jpg
    New tank 4-27 016.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 62
If you held out for a while then you should maybe get it. If you put on craigs list probably not as people are only looking for the killer deal.

Definitely won't go there. Need to sell the entire pkg together anyway. My barber says he wants it for a "good" price. The thing is, he wants to do an octopus. Tunzepowerheads and controlller would be useless for one. Lights would be overkill.

Doubt whether this will happen with him. I'd help him, but I'm sure he'll get to me as he'll likely wanna do stuff from a VERY uninformed position a lot.

Holding out seems to be the key. I've got LOT'S of time. I guess I'd advertise as a complete setup with help from me getting established. :) That'll get'm going. :rolleyes::yawn:

Nice system at a fair price. I think your lights are a bit under powered for that tank, but it will do fine for most stuff.

Be patient, post it here and locally when you are ready. Don't forget about the supermarket bulletin board and places like that to post it. Also the local newpapers. Many of the freebie ones are owned by the same company and you can an add that is placed in multiple papers so you get the entire surrounding area hit too.

Good luck

I never wanted hard corals anyway, so the lights were OK with me and like you said for most anything else. Only problem I ever had with them was that my staghorn crab dies after 3 months. I always thought that shell on the sand just wasn't getting enuf light to grow.

I'll prolly get it together soon and post.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom