Instant ocean nitrated reducer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soccerdude

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been using this product for just over two months and seen great results so far. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it or know of any ill effects it may have on my tank down the road.

I have used it on freshwater tanks and it works well when I can't do a water change or am very late on doing one. No problems with anything and that is with discus.

I used it and also had great results. I used it several months ago and did not notice any side effects.

Chemicals only mask your problem. Water changes are the best nitrate reducers, along with better tank maintenance and less frequent feedings.

ccCapt said:
Chemicals only mask your problem. Water changes are the best nitrate reducers, along with better tank maintenance and less frequent feedings.

Don't water changes only 'mask' the problem too? While I know there are other obvious benefits to regular water changes, exporting nutrients with chemicals, media or water changes does nothing to rectify the source of the problem.

Don't water changes only 'mask' the problem too? While I know there are other obvious benefits to regular water changes, exporting nutrients with chemicals, media or water changes does nothing to rectify the source of the problem.
Did you read the entire sentence?
Water changes are the best nitrate reducers, along with better tank maintenance and less frequent feedings.

My point is that chemicals & media can be very effective at exporting unwanted nutrients, like water changes, if they are followed up with resolving the causal issue.

But you are not totally correct there. Chemicals such as the nitrate reducer the OP asked about break the nitrates down into different compounds. They (the resulting compounds) are still in the tank. They are not exported anywhere unless a water change is done. ;) When you do a water change, the nitrates or resulting compounds are removed.

Kinda like a macro algae I guess. It binds the nitrates, but they're still in the system. If it dies, they get released back. When a water change takes place, it can't be reintroduced.

Cont.... Sorry about that hit send by mistake that what my find asked me when I was trying to remove excess nutrients. I do weekly water changes have not missed one run skimmer, siphon all that I can find harmful etc... Do the best I can sometime we need help in a closed system. If it works well please share.

Back
Top Bottom