Instant Ocean - Salt or Reef Crystals ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djmpj2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if I should be using IO Salt or IO Reef Crystals. They are both the same price. I have no corals. Would it be overkill for me to use the Reef Crystals?

DJ

IO Reef Crystals says:
Reef Crystals enriched blend sea salt contains extra levels of calcium, vitamins, and selected trace elements. Developed for use in sophisticated reef aquariums, it was the first enriched sea water formulation available to aquarium hobbyists. The inclusion of important components at concentrations greater than in natural seawater assures extended availability of substances that are assimilated and depleted especially quickly in thriving reef aquariums. A special additive helps to detoxify excess heavy metals, such as copper, that are often found at elevated levels in domestic water supplies. Reef Crystals Salt provides superior dissolvability and is compatible with all marine aquariums. We use only the most sophisticated biological and chemical test methods to develop and refine our formulas, and reef crystals sea salt is no exception. Every batch is carefully analyzed to guarantee composition, consistency, and uniformity.

I've always used the plain Instant Ocean. I have corals. It's always worked just fine. I'd say you'd be fine with either. You'll want to test the water after you mix it no matter what kind of salt you use because salt batches vary some and you may need to make some adjustments before adding it to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom