instant ocean seaclone 100 protein skimmer? IS IT WORTH IT???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZacksFlowerhorn123

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all!!! I just bought the seaclone 100protein skimmer today.. Ive read some pretty wretched reviews on it!! Ec. It breaks!, it leaks, it pushes micro bubbles into my tank constantly! Well i hooked er' up... It pushes micro bubbles into the tank.(im guessing its part of the break in period. It was $100. Its not lous... Should i keep it?? I DO NOT WANT TO END UP HAVING TO BUY ANOTHER IN 1 YEAR!!! I want one thats going to last.. And one of my lfs has an octopus skimmer so just say wether it worth it or not please!! Any experience with it breaking? Ho2 long of a breakin period?

Thanks!

Honestly, never heard anything good about them, if I were you I would return it, save up a little more cash, and get a better one.

They have the coralife aqueon super skimmer? Can that hang on the back of my tank?? Or can i put it in my tank? I dont have a sump...(not getting one soon either.) ill probably return this one either way

I have a Corallife SS, and it works OK, but I've heard and read good things about the Reef Octopus line of skimmers. That would def be better than a Sea Clone.

I had a seaclone and hated it, it needed constant adjusting to keep it half way working. I got an eshopps psk 75 and am much happier. They are cheap also.

If you can trade it back in do so. I hate my seaclone. Like stated above, the reef octopus and eshopps will both provide better results for the same money. I wish I would have known this prior to my purchasing mine.

Ok so reef octo, eshopps or aqueon 65. He reef octo is rated for 50-65 gallons.. My tanks a 55 reef(soon)

But is a good product correct? (octopus. I want i to do a good job thats all. Will the seaclone do that? If theres a leak i could just aquarium seal it back together right?;-)

Im saying if it every ended up getting a tiny crack like on the collection cup. I can just glue it so it wont leak right?? I dont see why not. Jw., and im not wanting to spend $100 a year on something like this. I know i neeed it. But id rather do it right the first time. If it gets a slight crack in which it leaks or stars to shoot micro bubbles into the tank after the 30days. I can seal it with aquarium glue. Right??

ZacksFlowerhorn123 said:
Reef octopus hob skimmer OCT bh100.. Is this one good??? Its in my price range.

I have no problems with mine and it's on a 40 gallon been working good for a year now

I had a seaclone complete junk take it back if u want one that bad ill sell u mine for 20 bucks I got a reef octopus 300 bucks but well worth it

Back
Top Bottom