interesting visit to petco...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr.Nate

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I went into Petco the other day with my daughter to look at the fishies (believe me, just to look--I've learned my lesson there the hard way). Anyway, I see this really cool pair of fish....called boxfish. They're only like an inch long.

The tag says they're "easy to keep, non aggressive, get to be 18" long"

So I run home to look them up on Liveaquaria, and this is what I find.....

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=81

oh, my soul......

gotta love Petco

Just had to share

None of the Petco stores in my area even sell SW fish which is probably for the best. At least they got the size right :roll:

Edit: I was thinking of Pet Smart. My Petco does have sw fish 10% usually floating dead. Why is it that they always stock “pretty fish” but not very many hardy or easy to take care of ones.

lol too funny....I am sure they had a royal tang in the same tank with it
Grrr somehow I wish natural selection made it to our level of the food chain!!

The Petco by my house used to carry SW, now they just have the empty banks where the tanks used to be stuffed with dog food bags...

This is the same store that I said... "man that powerhead is expensive, it's like 3x what Petsmart sells it for... the MANAGER said... Doesn't suprise me"

Now... come on... at least try to get me to belive why your Petco is better than their Petsmart...

Thank you for ramming the knowledge I learned here home for a friend of mine who thinks the Petco tags should be correct

Back
Top Bottom