Invisible Shrimp :-/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e_murray

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently bought 2 peppermint shrimp to assist in Aptasia control, and I have yet to see them.. not even once.. since I introduced them.

My other shrimps are very sociable.. like to ride around on my fingers ect..

Whats up with the pep's ?

e_murray said:
I recently bought 2 peppermint shrimp to assist in Aptasia control, and I have yet to see them.. not even once.. since I introduced them.

My other shrimps are very sociable.. like to ride around on my fingers ect..

Whats up with the pep's ?

Mine tend to hide a lot, until I go anywhere near the tank with food, at which point the climb over each other and anything else to get to my hand!
What else is in the tank?

When I put my 2 pms in it took about a week before I saw them. They have been in my tank for about 6 weeks & I can count on 1 hand how many times I've seen them.

KcTx said:
When I put my 2 pms in it took about a week before I saw them. They have been in my tank for about 6 weeks & I can count on 1 hand how many times I've seen them.

I must have got lucky then! I sit down next to the tank and they both come over to see me! Lol.

I got three of them about 2 weeks ago, and I finally saw 3 out in the middle of the night. I was wondering if they were even there anymore...

I have 3 of them who have never shown much interest in the aiptasia, and are very rarely seen before the moon LEDs are on for the night - at which point if you look really closely you can spot them rocking back and forth upside down under a piece of rock.

I hadn't seen them in a few days and today found moltings from at least two of them.

Hmm.. So it seems they are night crawlers.. And not sociable.

It's a shame really ,

My other shrimps love me! All I have to do is walk by and they are begging for attention!

Back
Top Bottom