Is a coral beauty really reef safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
I read that they are and then i read they aren't. They are a awesome looking fish and I was just wondering for future reference.

From what I've read and heard they are touch and go, more leaning to the touch side.

Mine had to be ejected for munching on corals. As Captain said sometimes yes and sometimes No. The problem is that if you try it out and they start munching then you`ll probably have to tear the tank down to get him.

I was going to get one(or another type of small angel) but I have friends with then who have all lost corals(softies and LPS's) they dont mess with their hard corals but my buddy has had his shrooms and zoa's and alot of pieces of his leathers all but disappear in the tank. it was fine for like a year then one day, it bit a zoa, and that was that...and like ME said, we had to tear down his 150gal to get it...huge mess and he lost alot of stuff

That`s what I`m afraid of for people that want to test the waters. Puting them to the test is OK but the problem is going to be getting that fish out of the tank.

yea, i dont think ill get one unless I go FOWLR...but honestly, Im not really big on fish, I am perfect with my couple clowns, mandarin and shrimp goby... id rather have a tank full of corals lol

Back
Top Bottom