Is he a good sand cleaner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
Watchmen goby

Attachments

• image-3105775379.jpg
    image-3105775379.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 172
'___' oh well at least he is a new buddy, hopefully he doesn't die like my firefish.

Good Luck with him!! I;ve had mine for almost a year and other than changing color from bright yellow to drab grey he has been a good tank mate. he gets a little grumpy and will lunge open mouthed at other fish but never bites or does any harm. :)

Twin Spot Gobies are great sand sifters. They'll go through scooping up sand all day trying to eat. Cool to watch in a mated pair.

carey said:
Good Luck with him!! I;ve had mine for almost a year and other than changing color from bright yellow to drab grey he has been a good tank mate. he gets a little grumpy and will lunge open mouthed at other fish but never bites or does any harm. :)

Thank you the good part is that he does that because that means that he can defend himself because I have two damsels that like to pick on fish and chase them

Sergie said:
Twin Spot Gobies are great sand sifters. They'll go through scooping up sand all day trying to eat. Cool to watch in a mated pair.

My lfs doesn't have too many gobies, I wanted to get the diamond watchmen but didn't have it, do you have a pic of that goby?

Get a pistol shrimp to go with him. My shrimp moves the sand all over the place.I'm sure the sand on his side of the tank gets totally flipped once a month.

I haven't had mine for over a year now but this is what they look like, from liveaquaria

Attachments

• image-3642523404.jpg
    image-3642523404.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 163
Woww he looks really cool, but my lfs doesn't have him, I will hunt down to see if I find one like that.

Josh1158 said:
Get a pistol shrimp to go with him. My shrimp moves the sand all over the place.I'm sure the sand on his side of the tank gets totally flipped once a month.

That could be pretty cool to have a relationship with the shrimp and the goby but will the pistol shrimp harm any of my other tank mates?

Watchman goby won't really sift sand. Periodically it will take a big gulp of sand and sift it out through their gills. However, they don't move much.

Well that's pretty much what I want because I have a sand sifting starfish but my sand is still dirty and I want it to be clean

Get some dwarf ceriths. They are amazing at sifting and cleaning everything.

Back
Top Bottom