Is it alright to use an Amrid Ammonia Remover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed that Aquaclear has a Amrid Ammonia Remover. Is it alright to use this if you have some ammonia?

thanks

I know nothing about saltwater tanks, but I would think this would apply for both SW and FW.

I personallly think that any chemicals that claim to remove/neutralize ammonia and/or nitrites is never good for your tank. I would imagine that it would also give you false positive readings during your water tests. Besides, by using such chemicals, your only masking your true tank problems, such as overfeeding and possibly overstocking.

IMO, the best way to reduce or remove ammonia and nitrites, are water changes. :D

Any product that claims to remove amonia, nitrate, phosphate....can be of some benifit when used properly. However, these types of products are only band-aids. You need to get to the root of the problem and elminate the source. These products can help you get through a crysis, but you will still need to correct the main problem. I woul not want to use these products long-term.

then dont use it. its not safe for saltwater. you could end up adding something bad to your tank, and create more probems than you would solve. there are products out there for getting rid of ammonia in salt tanks, kent makes one, its called ammonia detox, but i agree you should try a water change and getting to the root of the problem first, chemicals like this should be a last resort.

Back
Top Bottom