Is it safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feelin_Salty

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it safe to add fish if I have
1.5 PO4
8 PH
0 Ammonia
20 nitrate
0 nitrite

well I have a 3 crabs and 3 snails in my refugium that I put in there about a week ago. I didn't test my tank every day to make sure it was spiking here and there...I had LS in there for about month before I added my LR... My rock wasn't real stinky, and I had it in the garage for about a week, and did several large water changes on it. And the LR has been in the tank for about 3 weeks...I think it's cycled...I think.

I dont think you`ll kill any fish in your tank but you will end up with a bad case of algea in your tank because of the phosphates. They need to be around 0.

Yea my refugium broke out like a teenagers face...It's pretty nasty looking...I added some POLY OX from Kent to oxidize the algaes...its what the guy at the LFS recommended. The algae in my refugium is strange too, cause it's in some really high flow places, and people say it's diatom, but I'm just not too sure. I think I might have accidently got something in my RO one day when I was a little too drunk, and then my wife topped off the tank with about a gal of that water.

Well it wasn't the alchohol, it was the aftermath of too many. I was gonna puke in the sink but a little splashed into the RO bucket...I scooped it out, and when I was hung over in the morning, my wife added some to the tank to top it off. I should have dumped that water...but I definitely wasn't thinkin straight, lol. I'm not even sure if this is whats causing anything or not, but it's definitely been on my mind since I had an ugly algae breakout in my refugium(not in the tank though) and I'm not sure if that would do anything with the po4 or not....Although I did do about a 10% pwc the other day and my po4 is now about .5

So do you think that could cause the ugly algae outbreak in my refugium?

Back
Top Bottom