Is my Duncan Coral ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I just fed my Duncan coral some Mysis. And as he closed all the way up I noticed these "bumps" under him. Is that normal?

u696v.jpg

Those look like new heads to me. I wouldn't be the best one to ask since mine hasn't grown any new heads since I bought it.

They look like new heads mine grew 3 new ones since I've had it

They are definitely new heads popping out. Mine started with 3 heads 4 months ago. It now has 7 with 2 more heads starting to develop. They grow fast as far as coral growth goes.

They are definitely new heads popping out. Mine started with 3 heads 4 months ago. It now has 7 with 2 more heads starting to develop. They grow fast as far as coral growth goes.

Weird spot for them to grow out of lol. I thought the head would develop fron the stalk, not under the head lol.

They will eat just about anything. I'm not sure which of those 2 has higher protein. Mine eats omega one flake with garlic, Cyclop-eeze, marine cuisine (Sally's San Francisco Bay brand) it has mysis, brine and krill. Heck it even ate a dead hermit crab I accidentally dropped onto it.

Yep new head. I've got 2 heads with new heads growing right on them (if that makes sense lol) and yep mine even eats huge chunks of nori that float around the tank, well I eventually have to take it away from it as it will never actually fit the nori in its mouth.

Back
Top Bottom