Is my tank over stocked 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ByzantineWV

Aquarium Advice Regular
1 bi color
2 clowns
1 lawnmower blenney
2 Lyretail Anthias
I do a 15 gallon water change every week
And I would like to add 2 more fish if that seems ok give some suggestions thanks

More Lyretails.. Really cool to watch a harem of Anthias, and lyretails are my fave.

I did alot of typing regarding how much a 55 tank can hold, oversized skimmers, and large water changes being able to "push the issue" in terms of the fine line between healthy tank and tank crash. Then, for whatever reason, I looked into those anthias you have. The min suggested tank for these fish is 125 gallons. This basically says you shouldn't add any more fish. Even compared to my 55, you have more in it than I do (I have 7 with an oversized skimmer). Without a larger tank for the anthias, they will either get stressed out from lack of room and die or begin causing parameter issues from amount of waste produced. Sorry to rain on the parade man.

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Reef Aquariums: Lyretail Anthias Fish

Sniperhank said:
I did alot of typing regarding how much a 55 tank can hold, oversized skimmers, and large water changes being able to "push the issue" in terms of the fine line between healthy tank and tank crash. Then, for whatever reason, I looked into those anthias you have. The min suggested tank for these fish is 125 gallons. This basically says you shouldn't add any more fish. Even compared to my 55, you have more in it than I do (I have 7 with an oversized skimmer). Without a larger tank for the anthias, they will either get stressed out from lack of room and die or begin causing parameter issues from amount of waste produced. Sorry to rain on the parade man.

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Reef Aquariums: Lyretail Anthias Fish

Wow! That's a awesome fish!! Thanks for the info Hank!

I've learned something new now. With Hank shedding light on the OP's question of have to say re home those fish and then maybe add your new fish.

Back
Top Bottom