Is there a Calcium reactor for small reefs 17 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All calcium reactors are based on the principle of dissolving media via extremely low pH water - which is lowered by C02. So yes, to have a ca reactor, you'd need C02.

I would think though, that a reactor for a 17g tank would be overkill. Instead, I'd look into a good 2-part supplement, such as B-Ionic.

Calcium !!!!!

You guys are probably right. It is just a hastle sometimes to dose. Lately i am having trouble raising my Calcium above 350. I use Kent Kalk and Turbo calcium. Maybe my test kit is no good??? Does anyone know the Calcium level of Red Sea salt mix. I do weakly water changes of about 4 gallons of the 17 gallon tank. I don't think i have a heavy coral load.
It would be great if someone could invent a mini Calcium reactor that did not use CO2. :idea:

Lately i am having trouble raising my Calcium above 350.

Check your Mag level and your ALK level, more than likely your Mag level is low and your alk is high. The depressed Mag will prevent you from keeping the CA in solution, your Mag should be in the 1200 - 1500 mg/l range, even with a heavy coral load 4g per week on a 17g tank should be able to maintain CA and ALK levels without any other supplamentation, unless the newly mixed SW is out of balance ;)

Back
Top Bottom