is there a way to entice??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sirfishmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a surgeon tang, and my LFS said it would be a good idea to put a veggie clip in once a week with this sheet of kelp, but the fish is scared of it. every time i put it in it stays on the other side. is there a supplment instead? or is there a way to get it to eat it?

doug

give it time. He'll eventually become accustomed to it and will venture by it. The scent will interest him and he'll start to nibble. Start will small pieces of the seaweed until he starts to take interest to minimize the amount of waste in your tank. If you use garlic extreeme or something along those lines you might consider adding a couple drops of that on it before adding it to the tank. The added scent might help encourage him.

I would avocate feeding nori (kelp) every other day. Tangs feed off of this stuff inthe wild as their main staple food. In time as BillyZ has said the tang will get the idea. It would be best to put the clip in the same spot every time and to not put to much on the clip at the beginnings so if the food does not get eaten it does not foul the water.

My tangs and other fish for that fact just attack this stuff when it comes in.

Back
Top Bottom