Is there such thing as too many copopods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

609tsmith1984

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have copopods crawling from top to bottom of my walls in a 75 gallon and in the refugium...this isn't harmful while I wait to find a unique mandarin right? I ordered a red mandarin but he arrived deceased so I am on the lookout for something different that eats the pods....

Cool I was hoping someone would reassure me..lol..any suggestions on anything other than a standard mandarin that eats the pods??

I will check that out...drAgonettes and is there anything else that does the trick?

Not really dragonettes are the apex predator of pods lol don't forget though scooters are actually dragonettes too not blennies so have you considered a red scooter?

I only have ordered the red mandarin and he arrived last week dead...so...I haven't really looked around at all since then but I just want to find something different...mandarins are cool but every tank has one so I want a little uniqueness

If you have a low flow tank and is very peaceful you could do pipefish which are another great pod hunter

Probably too much flow for them...I got 3 power heads for the reef tank so I will stick with dragonets

There are several wrasse species that eat pods. Mine picks the tank so clean I can't have a mandarin.

Yeah, wrasse's will eat it. I've seen sixline wrasses go nuts over them. Or, send some to me haha. I've never had any in my tank (probably because I've never directly introduced them!).

I had 6 lines before and didn't notice them doing that...dude I would be more than willing to share the wealth...I have no idea how to catch them or ship them...I just bought a bottle of tigger pods and pit half in the refugium and half in the tank when I restarted this reef on July 7...since they have bred crazy

Started it on my birthday lol, how fitting. I would have no idea how to ship them either.

NEVER have enough !!! :D
Mandarins, Blennies , gobies,clowns,basslets,chromis,cardinals all eat pods
my fish get fat

easy to catch put a small hand full cheato weighted down in tank let it be two or 3 days they will make it home
pull it out put in a zip lock filled with air pack in small box an mail them to who ever you want nothing to it

I started breeding them cause my fish eat them as fast as they multiply plus it gives them a chance to plump up before I feedem to my fish
I have pods that are almost 15mm in size they get huge

The sleeper goby is a cool looking fish...but, I don't have a canopy and from the description he sounds like a jumper which I can not accomadate...thanks for the info though...by the way live aquaria is great that's where I get all my stuff

609tsmith1984 said:
The sleeper goby is a cool looking fish...but, I don't have a canopy and from the description he sounds like a jumper which I can not accomadate...thanks for the info though...by the way live aquaria is great that's where I get all my stuff

I'm going to have a sleeper goby one day. I just don't know when. So I pretty much recommend them for everyone. Lol! Best of luck to you finding a fish that will eat all your pods! I know the red mandarin was DOA but maybe you could try again? They are really so pretty!

I wasn't to thrilled on live aquara
cust service wasn't that great IMO
still waiting on refund over a month

No but I've wanted one for a wile now so I've done a lot of research on them I know they love to sift the sand and just eat about every thing they get in that mouth full but never heard of them just going after pods on purpose?

Back
Top Bottom