Is this a good price quote?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fambrough

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Aquarium Adventure in Cleveland gave me a price quote on the following gear and I would like to know if this sounds reasonable to you all.

$423.00 for a 40 gal breeder, stand, hood and coralife lights.

I like the idea of new equipment vs. piecemeal used. If I am going to save a hundered bucks or so that latter is worth consideration. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Ben

They are a pretty good store, but I would shop around a little. These packages sometimes have some lower quaility equipment in them. Not saying thats the case, but I prefer to choose my own equipment. If any part of the system is junky, you will eventually have to replace it anyway.
Check out Aquatic Tech in Columbia Station.
http://www.aquatictech.com
Best SW store around IMO. If you do, tell Greg that Kurt said to give you a good deal. :lol:

Thanks Kurt,

I was down there just after new year's checking out the store/continuing my research. Neat place. I got into the DSB thing with one of the guys there who thought I was nuts. Still, he was very nice. Aquarium Adventure has a much more customer friendly store in terms of products display; however, I'd be a bit hesitant to buy livestock there. Haven't been out to Vermilion yet to visit the Salty Critter (or whatever it's called).

I'm going to find out about those lights, grimlock3000.

Cheers,
Ben

I can tell you that here in Lincoln, I'd have to pay $100 for a 40g breeder, at the LFS or PetCo. Probably another $120 for the stand.

I know I can build a canopy and install 2x96watt PC's from ahsupply.com for $150...so I'm not sure that you're getting that great of a deal.

Haven't been out to Vermilion yet to visit the Salty Critter (or whatever it's called).
Hmm, didn't know about that one. Have to check it out.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom