Is This Aqua Scape Ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just finished adding the Tropic Eden Reef Flakes Sand and rinsed all the dead base rock. I tried to add as many caves as I could. Would this "Scape" Be ok for good flow? I also ordered 10 pounds of Fiji Cured Live rock from Premium Aquatics to seed the base rock. Should I put the life rock right on top of the base rock or just near by it to seed it? Excuse the cloudy water, I just added the sand.

Attachments

• IMG081.jpg
    IMG081.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG083.jpg
    IMG083.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG084.jpg
    IMG084.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG082.jpg
    IMG082.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 177
Looks good to me, nice size tank. I'd just put the live rock wherever it fits best as long as its in the tank it will seed the other dead rock.

Convict2161 said:
You want my honest opinion?

I'm sure everyone's honest opinion is what is wanted. I personally think it looks good. Doesn't really look like there is enough but adding the live rock will definitely help. Great job and good luck!

Justin0329 said:
I'm sure everyone's honest opinion is what is wanted. I personally think it looks good. Doesn't really look like there is enough but adding the live rock will definitely help. Great job and good luck!

I agree you need some more rock! :)
&& get some power heads in there.

I'd get some more live rock, take that background out and paint it blue or black.

I'd stack the rocks high on each side leaving a cave on one side low near the sand bed. On the other side leave a cave towards the middle and leave the center open.

This is just my opinion. Tank looks great though and it's all about what you like not what everyone else like. Make the tank unique and yours.

I just offer my options and my opinion as I'm very anal with aqua scaping.

I mean no dis respect :)

EDIT: agree with above poster. Your gonna want more flow.

Convict2161 said:
I'd get some more live rock, take that background out and paint it blue or black.

I'd stack the rocks high on each side leaving a cave on one side low near the sand bed. On the other side leave a cave towards the middle and leave the center open.

This is just my opinion. Tank looks great though and it's all about what you like not what everyone else like. Make the tank unique and yours.

I agree with this minus the blue background. Black is the only way to go in my opinion.

As stated above.... definitely gonna need more rock, and you're gonna want at least two powerheads in there.
And, unfortunately, I have to agree with Convict's opinion, the current layout just doesn't do it for me. Kinda hard to put my finger on it..... the two "cave tops" leaning in the same direction doesn't help.

Stack it I think personally, by that I mean make two maybe three separate piles an leave the middle open in my opinion that's what I did for when I had my 75 gallon tank

Thanks everyone!! Oh I have 2 power heads but didn't put them in until the filter finished and the water was clear. thats 40 pounds of carib Sea base reef rock. I ordered 10 pounds of already cured figi rock from premium aquatics. But wont ship till after the holidays. I'll spread that around to seed the base rock. Maybe add another 10 more pounds but wanted alot of swimming space for the fish. the 2 "Cave tops" Will be where I want my put my pulsating Xenias. 1 Purple and the other blue. I wanted a black background but I like art (I'm a graphic artist) so I tend to like artistic pics. When should I add the CUC?

Thanks Alot!!

EDIT: agree with above poster. Your gonna want more flow.

Thanks alot for your opinion!! Ill move the rock on the far right and stack the live rock there. I didn't think about the corals that like to be near the light so Ill stack it like you said. I have 2 power heads but didnt add them since I was letting the filter polishing pads clear the slight cloud color the sand left.

Wow some big opinions on this one! I like it I understand the look you are going for it conincides with the back round. The only thing I would worry about is if you get a goby or other such digging critters you have to make sure the rock is sturdy and on the bottom or the tops of you caves could fall down. I do see how you could build up on the scape with corals on top of the rock work. After all most of the time corals do come with rocks attached. Tee hee!

Wow some big opinions on this one! I like it I understand the look you are going for it conincides with the back round. The only thing I would worry about is if you get a goby or other such digging critters you have to make sure the rock is sturdy and on the bottom or the tops of you caves could fall down. I do see how you could build up on the scape with corals on top of the rock work. After all most of the time corals do come with rocks attached. Tee hee!

Hey Crystal! I thought about that so the cave tops are epoxied to prevent them from falling :brows:

Good thinking. Do what suits your needs and what you want to do with the tank. I put alot of rock in mine and didn't think that most corals come with rock attached. Kinda hinders a little bit on what I can add. Now mind ya I've only got a 28 gallon nano tank. Lol still like how it looks. Just saying....

Good thinking. Do what suits your needs and what you want to do with the tank. I put alot of rock in mine and didn't think that most corals come with rock attached. Kinda hinders a little bit on what I can add. Now mind ya I've only got a 28 gallon nano tank. Lol still like how it looks. Just saying....

I was thinking about starting a nano reef for my grandma. Are they hard to keep?

I agree with the rest. More live rock and black or
Blue background. Most people run 1.5-2lbs of LR per gallon. I have a 46 bow and I have about 70-75 pounds in my tank. Made some caves and holes. Looks pretty sweet that way. Good start though!

Back
Top Bottom