Is this light any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have that Jebo light, got it really cheap on eBay. Since it has no fan, its runs rather hot, but otherwise works fine :) You can mod it to add a fan if you're concerned. I'll probably be doing that soon, around when I retrofit my NO shop light fixture to 2x96W (can't fit 2x VHO over the tank in the fixture, so CF it is.

And if its enough for corals, all depends on the tank size. Its enough for soft corals on my 55g.

The one i'm looking at is 48" for my 75gal. I have a canopy on top of my tank. I'll install the light in there about 6in above the tank. I think this will reduce the heat w/o the need to install a fan. :)

I think my light came in at $70 (incl. bulbs). I see some for $60 now from the same seller (aquadeal).

I've had it for about 4 months now. Bulbs are the standard straight pin (as opposed to square pin). Haven't tried popping one out yet.

I have a jebo as well and I'm happy with it. The bulbs are easy to replace just pop them off and pop the new one back in.

Back
Top Bottom