Is this stupid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 40 breeder. 2 clowns 2 damsels and sleeper goby. A few soft corals.
We are going to be building our house soon. In the process we will be moving in with my mother in law.(yikes!) it will be into one large room with my 90 pound dog and 2 cats. I'm thinking its going to be cramped in their!

My latest idea is to buy a 29 gallon biocube. Is this stupid?? I like the plug and play idea. Slightly smaller, closed top. Everything hidden.
Does anyone have this? Pros cons? Thanks

Are you keeping the 40 gal or transferring the livestock to the bio cube?

Bad idea if you plan to keep the livestock. You should prob get rid of either the damsels or clowns. Otherwise you should be good.

Let me know how your experience with biocube goes

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's here!! Going to try and build a stand tomorrow. Can't wait to see water in this! More pics to follow
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398466522.639640.jpg

5 small fish still eat, poop, breath, and need room for territory. You might be fine, but the other thing is biocubes have rather poor filtration, no skimmer, no refuge (unless modded), no media reactors, so you'll want to do a lot of water changes. Good news is this is good in an overstocked tank

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well hopefully it works out. I don't have any of that extra equipment now, so maybe that's a good thing

Oh boy! Looks huge in the living room. We made it 42" high so I don't have to bend over to look in it. I think I may need a steps tool now!! Next I'm going to paint it black!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398904932.191624.jpg

Back
Top Bottom